Hello my friends, today I post a classic of Algerian cuisine, Chtitha jaj (chicken Chtitha), and I can tell you that it is a treat.
What I like most about this dish is the smell of red pepper and garlic when they cook, I have water in my mouth.
- Chicken pieces (preferably whites or thighs)
- 1 Tsp Smen, 1CS oil
- A handful of chickpeas
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 Tbsp of Red pepper or paprika
- 1 dry pepper (optional)
- Brown chicken in oil and smen
- With a mortar loot garlic and spices
- Dilute with 2 Tbsp of water
- Add to chicken and cover lightly with water
- Add chickpeas
- Cook on low heat until chicken is cooked
- To accompany fries or rice