Chickpea isn’t only for savory meals, it is often used to make cakes.
In Algeria it is used to make the “ghribya” delicious cookies that melt in the mouth.
but today I had a peanut butter can of lying in the fridge, and I wanted to make cakes, I found this recipe and loved it.
- 1 1/4 cups cooked chickpeas or canned
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons peanut butter at room temperature.
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt if the peanut butter is not salted
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 175 ° C
- Put all the ingredients except the chocolate chips in a food processor and blend until very smooth paste
- Put the chocolate chips and stir if you can, one or two pulse. The mixture will be very thick and sticky
- With wet hands, form into balls 3cm
- Place on a baking sheet
- Cook about 10 minutes
- The balls will be soft when you take them out of the oven
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature (or in the refrigerator) for 1 week