This season our garden lemon tree has given a nice amount of lemons. I made delicious soufflé based on these, and it’s a real treat.
We always think that making a soufflé is a technical feat, but believe me, nothing easier, the secret is not to break the egg whites when mixing, you must mix gently and not too much otherwise.
- 3 eggs
- 2CS butter at room temperature
- 1 glass of sugar
- 1/4 glass of flour
- 1CS of lemon zest
- 1 glass of milk
- The juice of 2 lemons
- Turn on the oven at 180 °
- Butter ramekins in the oven
- Beat the sugar with butter until you get a cream
- Add the egg yolks one by one
- Then add the zest, milk, flour and the juice, you will get a liquid mixture
- Beat the egg whites, then add 2tbsp of sugar and whisk
- Very gently fold egg whites into the egg yolk mixture, making sure no big egg white chunks remain.
- Fill the ramekins until almost full, then put them in a pan
- Fill the tray with hot water to immerse the ramekins halfway.
- Bake for 25 minutes
- Take out, let cool and sprinkle with icing sugar
- Bonne appétit
More from my site